After several gatherings and a survey of a cross-section of women, we believe that the Great Girls Network can:
- enable women to come together in an encouraging and authentic way to lift up and inspire one another
- encourage women to move beyond their comfort zones toward more of what they want
- be a catalyst for women to create and nurture collaborative relationships
- enable seasoned women to share their gifts and contributions with others
The idea for starting a Great Girls Network came to us at an event in the fall of 2013 when we found it almost impossible to introduce enough women to each other. We wanted to find a way to help the amazing women we know to get know each other more easily!
Great Girls Network is a gathering of women from all walks of life who are interested in making a difference in our community through non-profit activities or business — or other creative ways. It’s time that the “Good Old Boys” Network no longer rules — we don’t network like men! We take time to build relationships.
Why We Meet
We have had several large gatherings and learned the following:
- Women want to find ways to deepen connections with each other
- “Networking” is not satisfying if we don’t create meaningful follow-up
- We crave ways to continue to grow and learn from each other
- We look for ways to break out of old patterns and create new experiences
- We want more opportunities to gather together in smaller groups based on common interests
So we developed programs to fulfill these purposes. Check out the programs and join us at one of our track meetings!
Do you catch yourself comparing your life to other women’s lives and coming up short? We encourage our members to avoid competing or comparing. We practice this at every meeting.
GGN offers small group track meetings that give us a sacred space to let down our guards and have conversations that flow naturally. We discuss life, milestones, career, and business.
Each time we gather it just feels right. Women of all ages, backgrounds, and life choices feel at home with us. Join us for a track meeting and experience it for yourself!